one tiny soapbox: an open apology to my Sister from SGS
Home

Wednesday, July 9

an open apology to my Sister from SGS

ecently, while in a first-time (and likely last-time) IM exchange with a young lady (who I've never met in person) from my very own Grace Community Church, I made a comment that completely "freaked her out." Knowing that meeting an axe-murderer is the archetypal fear when encountering potential courtiers over the Internet, I jokingly described myself as such to her. (Though not in the first line or two.)

Despite privately getting a hearty guffaw out of the "clever" wording of my [stupid] joke, I soon realized I'd done a very foolish thing. (I believe the word she used is 'vile'.)

I wish I could say it was the immediate conviction of my Spirit-empowered conscience that brought this realization upon me. But, alas, it was not. It was provided, rather, by a harsh (and just) rebuke from the young lady herself. Whereas she could have simply cut me off right then and there, leaving me to foolishly think I'd scored some goofy "cool points" with my "quirky, engaging sense of humor," she instead hit me where I needed to be hit...right in the spiritual solar plexus.

I owe that lady a debt of gratitude for slapping me back to the reality of human interaction, and all the sensitive Grace it requires!

I doubt you're even reading this, "M_______," but if you are:

Though you're still prolly sore at me for carelessly touching on a topic in a way that came off as needlessly offensive, please accept my sincere thanks for showing me the Grace of a slap across my Sinful face.

And yes, I am very very sorry. Very.

Indebted & humbled,

ibcarlos, Reformed thinker

Labels: , ,

Comments on "an open apology to my Sister from SGS"

 

Blogger Md Muzammil said... (Fri Jul 11, 09:30:00 PM 2008) : 

hi, may i know where you get you template? its really simple and nice too. thanks.

 

Blogger ibcarlos said... (Tue Jul 15, 04:06:00 PM 2008) : 

Hi Muzammil ~

It's a bit odd for you to leave that request here, but...

I got my template from Thur Broeders.

Thanks for visiting & for the compliment.

 

post a comment
ibcw © 2005-10