one tiny soapbox: another post from the (dating) field
Home

Thursday, July 24

another post from the (dating) field

rom a Christian dating web site: "I'd like to meet someone and become friends and then maybe more someday." Written by a 37 year old woman who might perhaps someday be interested in having children.

Perhaps. Someday.

What is so all-fired wrong with a person making it clear up front that he or she is primarily interested in marriage, instead of beating around the proverbial bush?

I say: Absaludamente Nada!

And why do some folks seem to be afraid to admit that, outright?

I say: Rediculoso!

Frankly, I'm tired of all this indirect, tip-toeing, kinda-sorta-maybe, let's-see-if-maybe-we-can-be-friends-indefinitely-first sorta nonsense. I honestly don't see why anyone with a Biblical view of marriage and who has a strong desire for it would hold such a perspective. There is nothing wrong (and arguably everything right) with striking up a dialog with the mutual, clearly expressed intent and purpose of it being marriage-bound.

It just escapes me how so many have a problem with this!

Okay that was almost pure rant. But it is this marriage-minded man's Scripture-informed opinion, which won't be changin' anytime soon.

Anywho...Enjoy the following excerpts from my latest travels along the ven-artian landscape...
I'm a chick preacher in the Church of God...just looking to make some new friends. I am 23 and single. I currently work as the children's and youth pastor in my local church and have been recently doing some evangelistic work around the country.

To me, being a Christian means...
It means being like Christ...in every way. In means having the opportunity and honor to minister to people who don't know Him like I do. It also means and extraordinary life jam-packed with the best spiritual experiences you could fathom.

---
Please be honest with who you really are and do not try to be someone you are not to impress me. I will respect you more for being a MAN and standing up for what you believe in. I have NO time for FAKE people and if you waste my time I WILL guarantee you WON'T be happy with the results.

Dating a man with faith is very important to me. Please do not contact me unless you have some sort of faith and are sincere about this. GOD loving men need only apply! Also, if you enjoy going to crazy bars, clubs partying to all hours in the morning with your friends you should skip over my profile and move on to the next. I prefer to meet someone who is past that point in their life, thanks:)

---
Hi. My name is D______. I am very laid back and easygoing. I am looking for someone who is not a wild child and can hang out without having to drink.

---
DO NOT CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SEX!!!

---
I'm a big dreamer - always want to be doing more and becoming more in this short life I've been given as a gift. In the future, I would like to become a Life Coach on the side so I can help people overcome obstacles that stand in the way of achieving their biggest goals and dreams because we were all put on this earth to do something great...we all have a big purpose that stems from our passions.

It's no surprise she references the oft-mishandled Jeremiah 29:11 as a favored verse. But then, why not? ...since God has an awesome, wonderful plan of increasing self-actualization in store for each of us!

Self-description: Cyincal Sarcastic Bratty and God fearing ;o)

---
I'd rather hire someone to clean than do it myself and I'm not the least bit ashamed of it.

When I was a little girl I had a shirt that said "Anything a boy can do, I can do better" and that was my motto in life...and often still is...but any man that's meant for me better still be able to pull his own and lead me. I'm not looking for someone to tell me how to live my life, just someone who can set a great example and who I can partner with long term.

---
Hello, my name is A_______, I'm 25 years old, and I am a dentist. I would love to find a person who loves God above all things. That person must be a professional, courteous, kind, and I would love him to know how to dance.

---
I am a full-time student that also works full time. I would like to meet a good guy that's cute.

ibcarlos, Reformed thinker

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments on "another post from the (dating) field"

 

post a comment
ibcw © 2005-10