one tiny soapbox: Biblical artist spotlight
Home

Wednesday, May 16

Biblical artist spotlight

About a pint of my tears have flowed during the playing of the album, What Language Shall I Borrow, recorded by Darby Hughes, a Brother from my church. After publishing two albums, he's recently taken the bold step of relocating to the Lone Star state to attend a graduate music program. (Kudos to you, Darby, for pursuing excellence to the nth degree!)

Like me, Darby has a great appreciation for the theological writings of the Puritans...particularly their hymnody. And so, this latest album was his attempt to get at the heart of some of these deep, rich lyrics by composing music to several of them.

You can purchase this little gem for only $12.75 at GBI Books (linked in the 'vendors' section of this blog). Indeed, I trust it will profit you, richly!

ibcarlos, Reformed thinker

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Comments on "Biblical artist spotlight"

 

post a comment
ibcw © 2005-10