one tiny soapbox: Pink Slipped? or The Incredible Lightness of Being Laid Off
Home

Wednesday, November 29

Pink Slipped? or The Incredible Lightness of Being Laid Off

o one really knows the precise origin of the phrase. Nevertheless, it has enjoyed a long run as the premier way to convey the idea of having a sudden job loss. 9 hours ago, I had the distinct privilege of learning, first hand, just what it feels like to do so.

I was laid off; my position within the company was eliminated. And my copy of the slip was, in fact, yellow.

I do, however, know all too well what it's like to be "between projects," and so am no stranger to the full-time job of finding a full-time job. To The Sovereign Lord, I give thanks for His un-ending generosity. And to you Dear Reader, I give thanks for your prayers.

¡ovwssbgtfa!

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments on "Pink Slipped? or The Incredible Lightness of Being Laid Off"

 

post a comment
ibcw © 2005-10